CATTLE AND POULTRY FEED MANUFACTURINGThis unit required about Rs.25 lakhs investment. You can easily take a loan from the bank under the PMEGP scheme. For details, you may go to the Page – Prime Minister Employment Scheme
INTRODUCTIONThis project for manufacturing of cattle and poultry feed to be set up at a place where all locational advantages are available means that are has been developed for the purpose of industries setting up. Cattle and poultry feeds are the mixtures of various ingredients, like maize, rice bran, groundnut cake, molasses, soya bean cake, fish meal, etc. The quality of cattle and poultry feed varied due to the quality of raw materials availability. Balance feed is essential for the proper growth of cattle and poultry and to increase the output as milk and broiler/layer birds. There is a very low per capita consumption of milk and poultry products in the north-eastern region of the country and needs to increase rapidly.
you should follow – https://www.quora.com/q/sicoprcomPoultry has assumed great significance due to its ability to provide high-quality food for human consumption within its sort life span. Poultry farming has taken a sound footing as an industry in the country. With the advent of the dairy development board, there has been a substantial growth of cattle farms, poultry farms, piggery farms all over the country. The agriculture and veterinary departments are efforting continuously to boost milk production, a large no. of farms for breeding milch cattle have been developed on scientific lines in the country. Besides, poultry and piggery farms have also been developed in a great way to provide nutritious and well-balanced food to the people of this country. To augment the development of dairy, poultry farming industry, a need has also arisen to provide nutritious and balanced feed for this industry by encouraging the establishment of cattle and poultry feed plants in the area where the industry is concentrated in a developed way.
BISIS & PRESUMPTION CATTLE AND POULTRY FEEDS
- The cost in respect of land, building, plant & machinery, raw materials, and finished products has been taken at the time of preparation of this project report and may vary depending upon various factors.
- This report detailed only in Techno-Economic –Feasibility aspects.
- This scheme has based on single shift running per day.
- This unit will run 300 days annually.
- The manufacture of cattle & poultry feed is based upon grower mash poultry feed formula.
- It has been assumed that the unit will achieve its capacity as 70% 1st.yr., 75% 2nd.yr & 80% 3rd.yr.
- The normal wages and salaries being paid in the industry to various grades of personnel have been considered and also the provision of minimum wages has been taken care of.
- The rate of interest both for fixed and working capital has been taken as 14% P.A.
- The payback period for finance to the financial institutions may be about 5/7 years in case of term loan. The working capital loan may however be in the shape of rolling/limit based capital.
- Tax, Freight, Installation, and electrification cost is taken @ 15% of the cost of machinery and equipment.
- Under the pre-operative head, all the non-refundable costs such as PR cost, trial production, and all type of security deposits are taken.
- Depreciation has been considered:
LOCATION OF THE UNITThe proposed unit will be set up at a place that the site will justify to be suitable in view of the following basic considerations:-
- Availability of raw materials & consumables.
- Availability of Power, Fuel, Water.
- Banking facility.
- Marketing prospectus.
- Good communications.
- Labor facility.
RAW MATERIALS AND CONSUMABLES
- Groundnut cake, 2. Wheat bran, 3. Rice polish, 4.Maize,
- Damaged wheat, 6. Cottonseed, 7. Molasses, 8. Salt, 9. Mineral mix, 10. Calcium carbonate, 11. Vitamin Mix, 12. Alfalfa meal, 13. Fish meal, 14. Sunflower Cake.
ITEMS TO BE PRODUCED
- Cattle Feed.
- Poultry Feed.
INSTALLED CAPACITY1500 MT Feed per annum.
- 8 hours per day
25 days per month
300 days per annum
MARKET PROSPECTS OF CATTLE AND POULTRY FEEDS
Cattle feed is a peculiar product consumed mainly by cattle owners in the rural and urban areas. Animal husbandry has not yet developed as an organized industrial enterprise and hence the market for the cattle feed is wide and scattered. The consumers mainly live in poverty and hardly have enough finances to spare for cattle feed. Since cattle are the only source of earning in many cases and it becomes imperative for the cattle owners to increase their own earning by increasing the milk production per cattle and also breeding of milch cattle. The cattle feed is an essential ingredient for the further development of milk breeding cattle in the country. It has been estimated that the milk yield per cattle in India is only 500 kgs. whereas it is about 10 times more in other developed countries. This highlights the growth potential for this product. In order to tap the potential demand that exists for cattle and poultry feed, it would be necessary to further develop the production of quality products of cattle and poultry feed. The production of cattle and poultry feed is feasible in small, medium, and large scale sectors. The manufacturing of this product with a proper marketing network is a profitable job. It is beyond doubt that the indigenous market is growing very fast from the past ten years.