Cement Concrete Bricks Manufacturing
Introduction of Cement Concrete Bricks Manufacturing
Cement Concrete Bricks Manufacturing industry will be set up in about 10 lakhs, in which you can take a loan under the Prime Minister Employment Generation Program, in which only 5% of your capital is required. The remaining money i.e. 95% is available in the form of bank loans. Also, get a 35% subsidy. Setting up this project about 1. 50 lakhs to 2.00 lakhs you can earn a net profit.
Subsidies are available according to cast and location. which is like this:-
1. For General caste, you get 10% of your capital i.e. 1,00,000 / – and Bank Finance 90% i.e. 9,00,000 / -. Subsidy in urban area you will get 15% i.e. Rs.150,000 / – and in rural area 25%, i.e. Rs.250,000 / -.
2. Ladies, OBC, Ex-Servicemen, Minorities, Handicapped, S / C, S / T, will have to invest 5% of their capital i.e. 50,000 / – and 95% of the bank i.e. 9, 50,000 / – will give the bank. Subsidy will be 35,000 / – of Rs. 35,000 / – in rural area and 25% in urban area i.e. Rs. 50,000 / -.
Cement Concrete Bricks Manufacturing
The proposed unit will be set up for the construction of cement concrete bricks and blocks. Concrete brick and block is mainly used as a building material in the construction of walls. It is also called CMU, which means a concrete masonry unit.
The concrete products such as concrete bricks and blocks are used as a building or other constructions. The term precast refers to the fact that blocks are made and hardened before being brought to the job site. Most concrete blocks have one or more hollow holes, and their edges may be smooth or cast with a design. In use, concrete blocks are stacked one at a time and held with fresh concrete mortar to form the desired length and height of the wall. Concrete bricks technology is based on the principle of the density of a lean concrete mixture to form a regularly sized, uniform, high-performance masonry unit.
Concrete blocks and bricks can be used for special needs by simply improving the concrete block technology parameters such as mixing ratio, water/cement ratio, and type of production system. It is an effective means of utilizing the waste generated by stone crushers, excavators, and stone processing units. The technology has high potential in areas where raw materials are readily available. The concrete block technology package is a highly profitable business for micro and small scale construction material producers and construction companies. The market for concrete blocks is growing rapidly, especially in areas where burnt bricks are not readily available or are of poor quality.
Concrete blocks will have light brown color to the solid color, and a closer granular texture may appear, depending on the type of aggregate used in close inspection. The machine also kills production which further provides savings on cement plaster etc. Blocks of concrete can be engineered using pieces of stone or ceramic waste on their faces. Another common type is the hollow concrete block. They are made with a rich mixture but offer many advantages, such as lightweight, easy handling, and convenience for operation or reinforcement through hollowing.
The major advantage of concrete blocks is that their strength can be engineered as required. Thus making them relatively is about 15–20% stronger than masonry with brick walls. The quality of machinery, which is used in manufacturing improves the specification and characteristics of concrete bricks and blocks. The basic raw materials are cement, fine aggregate, and coarse aggregate. Very little water is used. This is only possible with mechanized condensation and vibration and gives the block a high quality despite lean mixing, which uses very little cement.
SIZES OF CEMENT CONCRETE BRICKS MANUFACTURING
These blocks are 4–5 times larger than burnt bricks; the size of the block or brick affects the strength of the masonry. As it happens due to the decrease in the number of mortar, joints of larger size, which increases the strength of the wall. High-quality machines provide optimum vibration in the mixture to reduce the proportion of cement used to a large extent without compromising the force of the blocks. The machine also compacts and consolidates the mixture so that the blocks are similar in size and achieve the desired physical properties. The blocks are cured for a minimum period of 14 days before they are ready to be used.
These are made from a mixture of cement, sand, and composite reinforcement materials. Cement concrete halls and dense bricks and blocks are very popular and are widely used in buildings, dams and other construction works because of many advantages such as durability, strength and structural capacity, fire resistance, insulation, and sound absorption.
They have an attractive appearance and are easily suited to any style of architecture. This leads to a wide variety of surfaces for both exterior and interior walls.
BISIS & PRESUMPTION of Cement Concrete Bricks Manufacturing
- This report detailed only in Techno-Economic –Feasibility aspects.
- It has been presumed that the unit will run at least 300 days in a year.
- The gestation period in the implementation of the project may be about 6 to 8 months. In this period the entrepreneur will make all the arrangements such as completion of official formalities, complete market survey, financial tie-up, marketing tie-up, procurement of plant and machinery, and recruitment of staff.
- The normal wages and salaries being paid in the industry to various grades of personnel have been considered and also the provision of minimum wages has been taken care of.
- The rate of interest both for fixed and working capital has been taken as 12.50% P.A.
- The payback period for finance to the financial institutions may be about 5/7 years in case of term loan.
The working capital loan will sanction in the shape of the cash credit limit account.
- It has been assumed that the unit will achieve its capacity as 70% 1st.yr., 75% 2nd.yr & 80% 3rd.yr. and so on.
- The cost in respect of plant & machinery, raw materials, and finished products has been taken at the time of preparation of this project report and may vary depending upon various factors.
- All calculations have based assuming that the unit will produce 3,70,000 pcs. bricks and blocks.
- All calculations have based on a single shift running.
LOCATION OF THE UNIT
The proposed unit will be set up at a place that the site will justify to be suitable in view of the following basic considerations:-
- Availability of raw materials & consumables.
- Availability of Power, Fuel, Water.
- Banking facility.
- Marketing prospectus.
- Good communications.
- Labor facility.
RAW MATERIALS AND CONSUMABLES
- Mobil oil, grease, etc.
ITEMS TO BE PRODUCED
- Cement Concrete Bricks.
- Cement Concrete Blocks.
3,70,000 Bricks and Blocks.
- 8 hours per day
- 25 days per month
- 300 days per annum
The process of manufacture is simple and quite suitable to start. RCC mixture of raw materials such as cement, sand, and stone chips in the ratio of 1:3:6 and 1:5:6 or 1:2:4 depending upon the type of construction and strength required are prepared with the help of power operated cement concrete mixture. For higher strength and a good finish, a mix ratio of 1:2:4 can b used. Then the mixture is collected in tipping barrows and fed into the mold of the hydraulic or mechanical emptying machine. Then it is vibrated to ensure complete compactness. Now the products are placed on the floor for 24 hours for the initial setting. Soon after the initial setting, the products are stacked in layers. It should have cared that stacking must be in 6 or 8 layue3rs and then subjected to curing with sprinkling water over the stacked blocks for 21 days. Then it is left to completely dry in sunray. Now it is ready for sale.
Market Potential of Cement Concrete Bricks Manufacturing
The cement concrete dense/hollow bricks and blocks are replacing conventional red bricks gradually due to inherent properties like strength, size accuracy, and insulation. These are used for both laying load bearing and non-load bearing walls. The cost of blocks is very much compared t the cost of red bricks and quite low, especially, in hilly regions where building bricks cannot be made whereas red bricks have o be procured from distant places thus incurring extra heavy transportation costs. Only in a few regions, the good quality clay is available and the red bricks industry has come up there. However, you can make this product anywhere. The main raw materials for production such as stone metals, sand girt, etc. is available in any state.
The blocks have some advantageous properties over the red bricks. It is easy to construct a wall that requires less mortar for inside and outside plaster and joining. It provides good insulation against heat and cold and resists vibration and absorbs sound. So considering all the above-mentioned factors, one can foresee to set up such units