Introduction of drinking water
The proposed unit will be set up for mineral water production. Mineral water can be safely defined as potable water that contains mineral nutrients required by the body and is beneficial for human metabolism. As we know, potable spring water containing sulfur, iron, magnesium, and other mineral salts is claimed to be beneficial for human metabolism in some areas. Natural and freshwater supplies are indirectly sourced from the oceans; Clouds are formed by solar rain, snow, or hail. As water flows to the surface or spreads to the ground, excess water returns to the oceans, completing the hydrological cycle.
Water supply is classified as surface supply and groundwater. There are surface water rivers, lakes, vines, ponds, and reservoirs; Wells and springs are sources of groundwater. Water vapor in the clouds is generally pure, but when it reaches the earth, it collects dust and gates. Suspended organic matter and soil disturbance are raised. Minerals are leached from soil and rocks and organic materials are added to municipal and industrial wastes and decaying vegetation. Well, eaters are generally free from suspended materials and organic materials due to filtration through the earth. Surface water is generally low in mineral content but relatively high in suspended and organic materials.
BISIS & PRESUMPTION
- It has been presumed that the unit will run at least 300 days in a year.
- All calculations have based on a single shift running for mineral water.
- It has been assumed that the unit will achieve its selling capacity as 70% 1st.yr., 75% 2nd.yr & 80% 3rd.yr. and so on.
4. Plant capacity will be 75,000 bottles per month.
LOCATION OF THE UNIT
The proposed unit will be set up in or at land & buildings so that the site to be justified suitable in view of the following basic considerations:-
- Availability of raw materials & consumables.
- Availability of Power, Fuel, Water.
- Banking facility.
- Marketing prospectus.
- Good communications.
- Labor facility.
RAW MATERIALS AND CONSUMABLES
- Magnesium Carbonate.
- Potassium Sulphate.
- Soda Ash.
- Sodium bicarbonate.
- Sodium sulphate
- Hydrochloric acid.
- Caustic soda.
- Bi-oriented Plastic Bottles.
ITEMS TO BE PRODUCED
- Drinking Waters.
– 75, 000 bottles per month.
– 9,00,000 Bottles per annum.
– 8 hours per day.
– 25 days per month.
– 300 days per annum.
MANUFACTURING PROCESS OF DRINKING WATER
The basic manufacturing process consists of the following steps: –
- sedimentation and filtration.
- Mix with salt and gases.
- Quality Control and Testing.
- Sedimentation and filtration: – Most of the surface water contains different suspended solids, including salt, soil, bacteria, viruses, etc., which should be removed before further treatment. The major treatment process for clarification of such suspended solids is sedimentation and filtration.
- Demineralization Unit: – This unit is equipped with a series of activated carbon columns. This carbon column allows in addition to a very finely filterable understanding of dissolved organic materials and de-chlorination of water.
READ HERE –YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS PART -2
- Blending: – In the blending and mixing unit the dematerialized water is mixed and mixed with filtered water to the desired concentration of mineral water. In the next step, pH control is performed with carbon dioxide injection in addition to lime and chlorine and up to the level required to maintain the desired quality.
- Analysis and Quality Control Testing: – After blending, samples are taken regularly at intervals of every one hour, and testing and corrosive action are taken in the blending unit.
- Bottle Filling and Sealing Unit: – The bottles used for this unit are specially designed pet bottles. This is called reacted bottles by stretch blow technique. Mineral water after production is filled into these bottles and sealed by a sealing machine.
- Packing: – The bottles after sealing are packed in a cardboard box containing 10 bottles each.
MARKET PROSPECTS OF DRINKING WATER
The consumption of mineral water is associated with the tourism sector of the economy as a concept of pure, clean, and hygienic nature. The main consumption places are 5-star hotels, airports, railways, cinema halls. These days it has expanded its market to VIP functions wedding parties and other occasional parties. It is anticipated that the current production of bottled mineral water is lacking behind the demand that will be generated due to the thrust offered by tourism and offers new entrants in the region a good scope and a large expansion market.