INCENSE STICKS MANUFACTURING
BANKABLE PROJECT REPORT ON INCENSE STICKS MANUFACTURING
INCENSE STICKS MANUFACTURING
Incense sticks are one of the good profitable businesses from home. The incense sticks are largely manufactured from home. It does not require to develop like industrial infrastructure. This is used by all religions, occasions, functions, ceremonies, and for a room, vehicle fragrance.
We know that India is a vast country having populations are in about millions. Here people are connected by different religions, languages, customs, and traditions. These people always use incense sticks for worship, religious functions, festive occasions, weddings. In some cases are used as air- freshener. It is also used in many cases as a room refresher. Incense Stick (Agarbatti) is highly consumed on the occasion of festivals, and religious places.
It has vast markets not only in India but also has good export potential too. About costing lakhs rupees agarbattis are exported to various countries.
This industry is very simple, and it can be started with low investments. It may be a part-time job. People in India are manufacturing and earning more money part-time in manufacturing activities. The basic raw material is sandalwood dust. All ingredients and raw materials, also all varieties of agarbattis are available in Indian open markets.
READ HERE-HOW TO SET UP A SMALL SCALE INDUSTRY
BASIS & PRESUMPTION
- The cost in respect of plant & machinery, raw materials, and finished products has been taken at the time of preparation of this project report and may vary depending upon various factors.
- This report is detailed only in Techno-Economic –Feasibility aspects.
- This project may be set up where the raw materials are easily available.
- It has been presumed that the unit will run at least 300 days in a year.
- Tax, Freight, Installation, and electrification cost has been taken @ 15% of the cost of machinery and equipment.
- Depreciation has been taken at a rate of:
(a) On Building @ 5%
(b) On plant and machinery @ 10%
(c) On office furniture and fixtures @ 10%
(d) On other fixed assets @ 10%.
READ HERE – Cement Pipe Manufacturing Process
- It has taken an interest in capital investment @ 12.50% per annum.
- It has taken promoter contribution @ a minimum of 5% of total investment.
- All calculations have been based on a single shift running.
RAW MATERIALS AND CONSUMABLES FOR INCENSE STICK MANUFACTURING.
- Charcoal Powder, 2. Gigatu, 3. White chips, 4.Sandal Powder, 5. Bamboo Sticks, 6. Kuppam Dust, 7. Wood gun powder.
- Packing materials.
ITEMS TO BE PRODUCED
- Different Varieties of incense stick manufacturing
LOCATION OF THE INCENSE STICK MANUFACTURING UNIT
The proposed unit will be set up at a place where the site is suitable in view of the following basic considerations:-
- Availability of raw materials & consumables.
- Availability of Power, Fuel, Water.
- Banking facility.
- Marketing prospectus.
- Good communications.
- Labor facility.
RAW MATERIALS AND CONSUMABLES FOR INCENSE STICKS MANUFACTURING
- Charcoal Powder 2. Gigatu 3. White chips 4. Sandal Powder 5. Bamboo Sticks 6. Kuppam Dust and other Misc. items.
54 MT Agarbatti per annum.
- 8 hours per day
- 25 days per month
- 300 days per annum
MANUFACTURING PROCESS OF INCENSE STICKS
The manufacturing process of Agarbatti is very simple. It does not involve any sophisticated skills. It may be said that it will be manufactured by semi-skilled workers too. The main ingredients made in powder form are mixed in the required ratio with water to make a semi-solid paste. This paste is applied to bamboo sticks by rolling on wooden planks manually. These sticks are then dried, dipped in concentrated perfumes in dipping trays. Then perfumed batties are packed immediately in butter paper bags. For supply as per requirement, these packets are placed in cardboard boxes. Then the card boxes are placed in cartons for supply.
The full actions can be done by manual or and many manufacturing machines have been launched in the market as semi-automatic and fully automatic. These machines can be made available from the open market or from Amazon, India mart, and other similar companies.
- White chips 40%
- Gigatu 20%
- Charcoal 20%
- Aromatic compound 20% |
- Essential Oils and Others 20% | as per requirements.
- Other ingredients 20% |