INTRODUCTION OF WOODEN FURNITUREThis project report has been prepared by www.sicopr.com for setting up a unit for manufacturing of fancy and artistic wooden furniture. In this project there will be a process of integrated wooden furniture manufacturing from cutting of wood, finishing, painting to retailing of the products to their customer. The other process like carving and others will be met on a contract base. Manufacturing of artistic wooden furniture and other fancy items has become very popular. These days of modern living fancy wooden furniture are the essential commodities for a family. The modern life furniture and fixture used in a family are wide and varied in nature starting from plank, Almirah, table, chair, rack, meat safe, and whatnot. Apart from utility furniture made out of good quality wood and highly finished adding beauty to the room.
MARKET PROSPECTS OF WOODEN FURNITUREThe demand for traditional appeal and durability of wooden furniture is increasing highly in the international market side by side domestic market. The project will be able to employ skilled labor to add local wood value to the finished products i.e. wooden furniture. The population has a high growth rate of 2.41% and forestry covering an area of 1.4 million acres (Source, Sardar, and Sardar associates) constitutes an investment opportunity in the region. Nearly 2.4 million tourists (both foreign and local) visit the surrounding areas. Hence there exists an opportunity for display and marketing of furniture, skilled labor force is readily available and hence wooden spice centers. All the equipment required in the manufacture of furniture is readily available at a low cost. The consortium can be developed for marketing fine furniture. Export potential also exists. The best and strong craftsman also added the benefits of these products and sell.
BASIS & PRESUMPTION
- The cost in respect of land, building, plant & machinery, raw materials, and finished products has been taken at the time of preparation of this project report and may vary depending upon various factors.
- This report is detailed only in Techno-Economic –Feasibility aspects.
- This project may be set up where the raw materials are easily available.
- This project is based on a single shift basis and 300 working days in a year.
- Tax, Freight, Installation, and electrification cost is taken at 15% of the cost of machinery and equipment.
- Non-refundable deposits, project report cost, trial production, security deposits with Electricity Board are taken under pre-operative expenses.
- Depreciation has been considered:
- Interest in capital investment has been taken at 12.50% per annum.
- Promoter contribution has been taken @ a minimum of 05% of total investment.
- All calculations have based on a single shift running.
- It has been assumed that the unit will achieve its capacity – 1st.yr.50%, 2nd.yr.60%, 3rd.yr.70%, and so on.
- It has been assumed that the unit will run 8 hours per day.
LOCATION OF THE UNITThe proposed unit will be set up at the site that justified to be suitable in view of the following basic considerations:-
- Availability of raw materials & consumables.
- Availability of Power, Fuel, Water.
- Banking facility.
- Marketing prospectus.
- Good communications.
- Labor facility.
RAW MATERIALS AND CONSUMABLESWooden Planks of Season, Sal, Mango and, laminated sheets, plyboard, sunmica, other woods.
ITEMS TO BE PRODUCEDFancy, and artistic wooden furniture and fixture.
INSTALLED CAPACITY per annum
- Palang 10 nos.
- Sofa 10 sets.
- Dining Tables with chairs 10 sets.
- Official tables with chairs 10 sets
- Dressing Tables 10 nos.
- 8 hours per day
25 days per month.
300 days per annum.
The wooden furniture manufacturing process is linked with the measurement of sewed planks, Shaping, bending and chisel according to design; Finishing touch with sandpaper; Finally apply varnish/paint/lamination. The lamination of furniture is done by using laminated sheets. Here the wood is cut into blocks and slabs of various sizes as per the shape and sizes required. If the purchased wood is not sewed, these blocks/slices are sewed through different processes, namely: Condensation. Boiler system. vacuum system. Seasons are made by inserting slices of wood under normal environmental temperatures for a considerable period. The desired design is selected before beginning the manufacture of any furniture product. The selection of elegant design is important to ensure an attractive finished product. Experienced wooden blocks are cut into desired shapes and slices according to the design requirement. Wooden slices are molded into desired shapes according to the design. Carving means different beautiful statues carved in wood. The quality of the carving depends on the skill of labor. Once the individual pieces are cut and molded, these parts/pieces are assembled or fixed together to shape the final product. The assembled product is ground to make the surface smooth. Once the surface is smooth, finishing materials are applied to prepare the surface for paint or polish. After finishing the base the final finishing is applied based on the requirement in the period of paint/polish. Fabric upholstery is made according to the design requirements.